One of the most important accessories in a clothing piece is surely the buttons on it. But as important they are, they are also one of the most complicated things to sew on.
This means that one must own a high-quality sewing machine to achieve the best quality product, and with how big the sewing machine market has become in the past years, the choice can be a bit harder sometimes.
What Are Some Best Sewing Machines for Buttonholes?
If you are reading this post at the moment, you are most likely looking for the best sewing machine for buttonholes. In that case, you are reading the right post for sure.
In this post, we will make you aware of the features you need to look for while buying a sewing machine for buttonholes, and, of course, we will share with you some of the champion sewing machines for buttonholes.
We have tested many models to come up with our final list, and before we get to the list, let us understand the factors that we have to consider while buying a sewing machine for buttonholes.
Sewing Machine for Buttonholes and Features to Look For
- Choose a sewing machine with square buttonholes for lightweight and medium fabrics.
- Choose a sewing machine with keyhole buttonholes for heavy fabrics.
- Look for a 7-piece feed dog mechanism.
- Look for a stitching speed of 820 SPM to 850 SPM
- Look for built-in LED lighting for enhanced visibility around your work area.
- Look for a lightweight sewing machine that matches your workspace.
- Choose a sewing machine that comes with a 25-year limited warranty.
- Check the DB level before you buy the machine.
Brother XM2701 is a lightweight sewing machine that features 27 Stitches and 6 Included Feet. The stitches include decorative, blind hem, zigzag, and stretch stitches, and an auto-size buttonhole. Besides, the machine offers easy threading as it comes with an automatic needle threader.
XM2701 also has a jam-resistant drop-in top bobbin. The free arm makes it ideal for beginners to advanced everyday projects. XM2701 includes many accessories such as a 3-piece needle set, twin needle, four bobbins, instructional DVDs, and more.
SINGER M3300 is a sewing machine that is especially perfect for beginners. The device comes with 97 Stitch Applications that include basic, stretch, decorative, and a simple one-step buttonhole. M3300 keeps threading exceptionally convenient for the users by offering an automatic needle threader. It also includes a free arm using which you can easily sew the hard-to-reach areas.
M3300 includes various accessories such as general Purpose Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Edge/Quilting Guide, Screwdriver, Seam Ripper/Lint Brush, Pack of Needles, Bobbins (Class 15 transparent), Thread Spool Cap, and Darning Plate.
Brother SQ9285 is a 150-stitch computerized sewing and quilting machine that includes various beautiful decorative, satin, and quilting stitches, with eight 1-step auto-size style buttonholes. You can use the device for both small and large projects. Besides, SQ9285 comes with bright LED lighting for better visibility, a free arm for sewing cuffs and sleeves, and a backlit LCD.
Using the LCD, you can preview your stitches and even adjust your stitch’s length and width using the push-button. Further, it includes ten sewing and quilting feet comprising Spring action zigzag, monogramming, overcasting, zipper, blind stitch, button sewing, buttonhole, ¼” piecing, walking, spring action quilting feet, plus quilt guide.
Reviews of the Sewing Machine for Buttonholes 2021 – (Editors’ Choice)
They usually say quality comes with a price, but that’s not always the case! We’ve made you a list of the best sewing machines for buttonholes.
1. Brother CS6000i
One of the bestselling machines on the market currently, the Brother CS6000i sewing machine, is a high-quality sewing machine tailored to meet every user’s needs.
Its compact size and portability, accompanied by great performance characteristics, make it highly demandable, and the customizing options keep every user satisfied with the purchase.
It comes with many great accessories and specifications.
- Stich selector in an LCD screen, making stitch-picking a much simpler job.
- Auto-size buttonholes which help you do the job faster
- Over 60 built-in stitches
- Automatic needle threader
- Drop-in bobbin with a quick set
- Electronic speed controller
2. SINGER 4423
What separates the SINGER 4423 Sewing Machine from the other sewing machines is its motor, which is one of the most powerful ones in the current market.
The high-power motor makes it usable for any sewing work, and its stainless steel bedplate secures it from any damage and makes it more durable than many machines currently on the market. Not many machines can be used on thick fabric work, but that’s not the case with SINGER 4423.
The great customer reviews keep it on top of the list of bestselling sewing machine.
- 23 different built-in stitches; 6 basic stitches, four stretch stitches, 12 decorative stitches, and one buttonhole
- 1100 stitches per minute, which gives you much better results with a shorter work time
- 1 step buttonhole process
- 60% stronger motor
- The stainless steel bedplate provides you with a smooth surface, which helps you get better sewing results.
- Automatic needle threader
- Automatic reverse for increasing threading quality
3. Brother HC1850
A computerized sewing machine which will make your sewing a much easier job. From basic monogramming to sewing buttons, there are a few things the Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine cannot do.
The modern and contemporary design and portability make it easily transportable, which, combined with the sewing machine’s performances, makes it highly demandable. It’s perfect for every use, whether it is adding decorative stitches to clothes or creating quilts.
It comes with a user manual in Spanish and English, so any difficulties you might meet will be answered and explained. Its features speak for the quality themselves.
- 8 styles of one-step buttonholes for bigger diversity in your work
- Basic monogramming sewing font saving you a lot of sewing time
- Free-motion quilting to ease your quilting work
- LCD with a push-button stitch selector
- Easy portable because of its built-in handle
- A bright work area with LED lights improving the user-experience
- A flip-chart showing all the available sewing stitches
- Detachable foot controller
- 14 quilting stitch functions
- Detachable wide-table when you need more space to work
- Possibility to work with or without the foot controller
- Bilingual DVD manual and video instructions
4. SINGER 7258
Being a two-time Consumers Digest champion, the SINGER 7258 100-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine is undoubtedly one of the best sewing machines, if not THE best machine there currently is on the market.
A great amount of attention is dedicated to keeping high standards on the eight criteria (performance, simplicity, warranty, styling, construction quality, features, service requirements, and maintenance).
We will let its specifications tell you why it’s one of the best sewing machines.
- 100 built-in stitches
- Six styles of fully automatic one-step buttonholes
- Push-button stitch selection
- Start and stop button with a speed controller.
- Ten presser feet
- 13 needle positions for different types of sewing work
- Electronic autopilot allowing you to sew without having to press on the pedals
- LED-lit working surface
- Loading Bobbin System with Clear Clover
- Automatic tension
- Many different accessories
5. Brother LS2125i
The biggest advantage the Brother LS20125i Sewing Machine has over the other sewing machines is its cost-benefit proportions.
It’s one of the cheapest sewing machines available on the market, which can still provide the highest quality buttonhole sewing, which is on pair with many expensive brands. It’s most suitable for beginner sewers because of its simplicity and convenience.
It’s perfect for small and simple projects for beginner sewers as well as making alterations to your old clothing.
- It is saving your space. Because of its small design, it takes up little space, making it easily portable and easy to place at any desk at your house.
- Its 4-step buttonhole feature allowing you to make custom-sized buttonholes
- Low price- it’s one of the best quality, low priced sewing machines on the market
- Straight, zig-zag, and satin stitching available
- 10 built-in sewing stitches
- A built-in handle, making it easy to move and carry around
- Bilingual instruction manual to help beginners
Are You Looking For Sewing Machine for Buttonholes? Here’s What You Need to Consider
Are you looking forward to buying the best sewing machine for buttonholes and, at the same time, not knowing how to go about it?
It is pretty normal to feel this way because it is really confusing sometimes, and you have every chance of going wrong unless you have in your mind a few important factors to consider before buying one.
Relax! You don’t need to find the factors on your own, and in fact, we have already listed down the factors for you. You only have to go through them, understand, and consider them while buying a sewing machine.
Although straight buttonholes and keyhole buttonholes are the most common types, and every sewing machine should have them for sure, you must look for the right buttonhole styles that would be mostly required in your project.
First, you would need to consider the fabrics you will work on for the buttonhole styles largely depend on the fabric. For example, you would need corded buttonholes to work on knits, square buttonholes for lightweight fabrics, and square buttonholes for medium and heavy fabrics.
Feed Dogs Mechanism
The quality of stitches largely depends on the type of feed dogs you have in your sewing machine, and this is why you have to be very careful about the feed dogs mechanism that a machine comes with.
The 7-piece mechanism is a good one to go with, considering that it can feed heavy fabrics with great consistency. If you aren’t too sure about which mechanism would fit your project the best, you can certainly look for the 7-piece mechanism, and that way, you certainly would not go wrong.
Speed of Stitching
The stitching speed is yet another important aspect to consider before buying a sewing machine. The stitching speed is measured as stitches per minute, and a sewing machine with high stitches per minute can help you accomplish your tasks quickly.
It is perfect for those that work on large projects quite regularly. A decent range for almost all projects can be between 820 stitches per minute to 850 stitches per minute.
Enhanced visibility is critical if you have to add many intricate finishing to the fabrics or work on dark fabrics, and this is why you have to look for in-built LED lighting in your machine.
These days, many buttonhole sewing machines come with LED lighting, and some of the models are Bernette b38, Brother HC1850, and Necchi EX30.
Size & Weight
You can also do another wise thing while choosing a buttonhole sewing machine looking for a portable and lightweight machine. This helps you fit your machine within a limited space and offers you the freedom to carry your sewing machine with you anywhere you go easily.
Even if you are just too fond of sewing, you are surely not fond of noise emitted from the sewing machine. Some machines can produce a pretty loud noise that can be irritating for you and others in your house.
This is why you need to check the DB level before you buy a sewing machine. One wise way you can check this is by stepping into any local store and trying on the machine.
Although there is no denying the fact that most of the sewing machines these days are made of plastic, some are made of high-quality plastic, and that keeps them durable over a long period.
Other models use metal instead of plastic, and it is never a bad idea to go for a metal build since metal is more durable than plastic. You may also go with a sewing machine like Janome JW8100, which uses a good blend of metal and plastic.
Sewing Machine for Buttonholes Comparison Chart
|Model||Stitches||Drop-in Bobbin||Auto Needle threader||Stitches|
|Brother CS6000i||60||Yes||Yes||850||16 x 6.7 x 11.4 inches|
|SINGER 4423||23||Yes||Yes||1100||15.5 x 6.25 x 12 inches|
|Brother HC1850||130||Yes||Yes||850||16.3 x 7 x 12.5 inches|
|SINGER 7258||100||Yes||Yes||750||14.5 x 7.5 x 12 inches|
|Brother LS2125i||10||Yes||Yes||900|| 15 x 6 x 11.75 inches
It’s easy to notice many different varieties of sewing machines available on the market today, which does the job of choosing one a difficult task. But, if you know what you want to dedicate yourself to, and you know your sewing machine preferences, you are certainly going to pick the best machine tailored to your needs.
The possibilities on the market are endless, and we are sure that you will find a high-quality sewing machine for buttonholes that is affordable for your budget.