Customization of old clothes can be one artistic way of starting a home business. It will bring you amazing profits. Embroidery has been one of the trends in the century we are living today.
If you think about starting home embroidery services, they cannot be complete without the best embroidery machine for home business. Using a machine is not the only way of going embroidery. Some people still use the traditional method of sewing through with a needle.
But with current innovations, machines have come to make the work easier and quicker. Using an embroidery machine will also bring the best results.
Check our guide and reviews to help you pick the right one.
Are You Looking For Best Embroidery Machine for Home Business? Here’s What You Need to Consider
For both the newbies in using an embroidery machine and the experts, you just can’t go to the market and pick a machine. You have to sit down and gather information about what you should look into a machine, whether you are upgrading or buying for the first time.
There are embroidery machines that are not suitable for home business. To prevent picking such, consider the following aspects.
Material type of embroidering
Different embroidery machine models have different characteristics on which material type they can handle. Consider thick and multi-layer fabrics. Some machines can’t deal with such materials. Most embroidery machines can handle flat and thin fabrics like jumpers and curtains.
You have to purchase an extra powerful machine if you intend to do heavy fabric embroidery services. Take, for instance, denim. I mean, this material is heavy enough to make it difficult for some cheap machine to handle. Maybe you should go for the expensive ones to provide heavy material embroidery.
Size and type of the LCD sc.
The size of the LCD screen matters when it comes to visual enhancement. Some embroidery machines have small and others large display depending on the model. Choose a model with a bigger LCD screen. Such a screen will help you select fonts and designs and also edit design easily.
Although they may be expensive, they are much beneficial. The type also matters. Does the machine have a color, white or black display? Unlike other LCD touchscreen types, a color touchscreen LCD touchscreen is the best option. It enhances the easy touching and dragging of embroidery designs.
Larger hoop size is the real deal. A hoop size that has a small limit size is very disappointing. As a home business owner, you need a machine that can offer the largest embroidery size. But it all depends on what you will be embroidering.
For small size materials, a 4 * 4 inches embroidery size is perfect. But if you intend to embroider larger size parts, go for a 7 * 12 hoop size. However, don’t allow yourself to be limited. You may be doing small size embroidery today but tomorrow find a need for the larger sizes.
A quality embroidery machine should allow all necessary and advanced connectivity. Talk of USB and computer connectivity. An embroidery machine with these features will help you do a lot of things. A USB port will allow the transfer of embroidery design using a USB cable.
Together with the builtin designs, you will have a wider collection. An embroidery machine that has computer connectivity will help the user download designs. In other cases, some machines also provide a memory stick to enhance design storage in a computerized way. Now, these features are what you should be looking for.
Number of needles and stitching speed
Saving time should be a priority to you as a home business owner. Manual methods of embroidery can consume a lot of time. Therefore, you should aim at getting a machine that will save your time as much as possible. You are upgrading from manual to automatic.
A machine that takes the same time as the manual methods is the same as having none. In addition to the stitching speed, multi-needles also assist in saving time. Therefore, before purchasing an embroidery machine, look at how many needles it uses and how many stitches it can make in a single minute.
Reviews of the Best Embroidery Machine for Home Business 2020 – (Editors’ Choice)
You can make a lot of money through embroidery home business. The first thing you need to do is to acquire the right machine. The following are some of the top machines that you can consider buying.
1. Brother Pe800 – Best Brother Embroidery Machine
You have to dig deep into your pockets to get this sewing machine. However, its ability to deal with tough tasks with high performance will amaze you. In case you want a machine that exceeds your expectations, there is none other than Brother PE800. With an embroidery size of 5 * 7 inches, that’s big enough for you to make any design.
If you need to embroidery on big pieces of clothes, this machine got you. Its stitching speed will help you finish tasks faster than you did expect. This embroidery machine has features that surely suits its cost. One of its outstanding features being an LCD touchscreen. With this, you will be able to visualize everything that you are doing effectively.
The benefits that you can get from this feature are unimaginable—changing the decorating style, making a mirror image for the style preview, and using a palette to select thread colors. All these tasks are possible with the LCD touchscreen. If you want to save time and get high performance at the smell time, use Brother PE800.
Features at a glance
- Brother PE800 sewing machine with an embroidery size of 5 * 7
- Its stitching speed is very high to ensure quick finishing of decorating tasks
- You can use Brother PE800 sewing machine for straightforward installation and versatility
- It features a USB port and comes with a USB cable so you can transfer decoration styles easily
- The needle threader of this brother sewing machine is automatic
- The Brother PE800 sewing machine features LED lights to enhance visibility
2. Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000 – Best Rated Embroidery Machine
Are you a home business owner who needs a big embroidery machine? Do you want the machine to be capable of providing pleasant results in return? Well, it doesn’t matter whether your home business is small or big.
Janome horizon 12000 embroidery machine will suit you. This machine is one of the few that has the biggest working space. If you want to handle big tasks, you can do so easily with its 15 inches working space length. Interestingly, you can also do quilts and sews with this machine.
Janome horizon 12000 embroidery machine comes bearing a guide in the form of a DVD. If you are new to the embroidery machine, no need to worry, the DVD will give you all the instructions you need to begin using the machine.
The embroidery machine also features a big LCD touchscreen. It makes the machine work in real-time through horizon link connectivity. This connectivity will help the user change and create decoration styles easily. If you need to use more than one fabric layer, you can do so with its Acufeed system.
Features at a glance
- The Janome horizon 12000 embroidery machine features adjustable stitching speed
- This embroidery machine has a reverse button if you need to change the stitching direction
- It features a big LCD touchscreen display for effective embroidery style creation and editing
- This embroidery machine uses the Horizon link connectivity to enhance real-time utilization
- The embroidery machine uses the Acufeed system to support multi-fabric layers
3. Brother SE600 – Best Computerized Embroidery Machine
What comes to your mind when you here a machine is computerized? You see it as very powerful, right? I mean, what is impossible with computerized innovation? Nothing. This is the exact situation with Brother SE600. You can do any sewing, embroidery, and stitching tasks with this machine.
A task that we can’t even complete talking about in a single day. But let us focus on the embroidery function. The features that are relevant to this function alone are incredible. Now imagine the features of all the other functions.
The embroidery machine comes with a guide on how to use and install it. The instructions are very clearly making this machine ideal for all newbies in using an embroidery machine. Brother SE600 is affordable, unlike other machines of its class.
Features at a glance
- It has an embroidery working space of 4 * 4 inches and has a free arm
- It comes with guides in details that make installation and utilization straightforward
- As its name indicates, this machine allows computer connectivity if you want to download decoration designs
- It features 103 built-in stitches
- Brother SE600 machine feature a large colored LCD
- The needle threader of this embroidery machine is automatic
4. Brother PE535 – Best Embroidery Machine for Beginners
This machine specifically deals with embroidery tasks. That means that you will get a ton of embroidery and decoration designs from the Brother PE535 embroidery machine. Home business owners who are willing to start or expand their embroidery service can use this machine.
Trust us when you use it, your customers will also be happy. It designs allows you to use it for a long time without experiencing any breakdowns. Its price is also friendly. It perfectly rhymes with its performance. This embroidery machine has perfection at the very best.
The machine features a memory stick and a USB port. With the USB feature, you can transfer embroidery designs. The memory stick ensures that you have space to store the designs. You can download designs using a connection with a computer.
Therefore as a business owner, you will have a lot of designs to show to your customers. The workspace size is 4 * 4 inches. For most embroidery machine users, this space is enough. You can never go wrong using this machine.
Features at a glance
- You can use computer connectivity with this machine to download more designs
- In case you are lettering, this machine allows you to have 9 lettering fonts
- The embroidery machine features a memory stick and a 2.0 USB port to enhance transfer and storage of embroidery designs
- Brother PE535 consist of 80 built-in embroidery style which you can edit depending on your preference
- You can do embroidery designs on wide fabric materials using Brother PE535 embroidery machine
5. Brother PE550D – Best Embroidery Machine for the Money
What do you think of Disney embroidery designs? Amazing, right? One feature that makes this embroidery machine unique is the Disney-like embroidery styles. The feature makes the Brother PE550D ideal for designing young one’s items like bags and clothes.
I mean which kid doesn’t like the Disney stuff? This is a small thing that will fascinate your kids and make them happy. You choose to expand your business with such embroidery services. Trust us, with Brother PE550D embroidery machine, 45 embroidery designs are enough to make you will have flocks of customers.
The Brother PE550D embroidery machine will come with other necessary accessories. These items include a few bobbins, embroidery hoop, 3 needle types, seam ripper, afoot, and other items.
You can also use a USB cable through a port to bring another mickey mouse, Minnie mouse, frozen, and Winnie the pooh embroidery designs. Kids will love this. With that, you have a sure market for your services. There are different fonts to select from when doing embroidery tasks. Just like most embroidery machines, an LCD screen is a must-have.
Features at a glance
- The Brother PE550D embroidery machine utilizes Disney-themes embroidery designs
- This embroidery machine allows you to bring other Disney themes using a USB
- Using the LCD in the machine, you can select and edit embroidery designs
- The machine has an automatic needle threader and comes with many accessories
6. Brother SE600 – Best Embroidery Machine for Hats
Let the Brother, SE600, Computerized Machine, and the Brother SE600 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine not confuse you. They are two different models, though from the same brand. You already have a review on Brother SE600 Computerized Machine. Let’s deal with this specific model now. The feature of these two is much of the same.
However, these specific models come with a bundle of accessories. We may call the machine a Brother SE600 bundle machine. The embroidery area is of size 4 * 4 inches with 80 styles. Before making the embroidery you chose, you can opt to preview the design. This feature helps you make the same design on your fabric with the highest accuracy.
This sewing and embroidery machine also features settings that will help you import other embroidery designs to your machine. Transfer of such designs can be done through the USB port using a USB cable.
This sewing and embroidery machine has 103 built-in stitches. That gives you a wide range to select decoration stitches. This machine’s display is large for the perfect visualization of the designs.
Features at a glance
- The machine has a hoop size of 4 * 4 inches
- You can upload other custom embroidery designs to the machine using a USB cable
- This machine comes with button sewing feet, blind stitch, zipper, overcasting, buttonhole, and 7 fats change sewing feet.
- The brother SE600 bundle also features a long spring action zigzag foot with feed dogs of 7 points.
- It has 103 built-in stitches
- The machine also contains a large display
7. Brother SE1900 – Best Intermediate Embroidery Machine
The brother brand has emerged to be one of the best brands producing high-quality sewing and embroidery machines of different models. Brother SE1900 is one of Brother’s models. It features a 5 * 7 embroidery area. This is big enough for you to embroider on nay fabric size.
Unlike most machines that offer less than 10 fonts, this model offers 11 fonts. You will also have 10 shapes, including a heart and others. The shapes, together with the fonts, will enhance your embroidery design. What more could you ask for from this machine? The brother SE1900 also has 240 built-in stitches.
The stitches help you produce the accurate design you want. The machine also allows you to transfer additional designs to it using a USB port. Something interesting about this machine is that it allows you to change the thread color in the design that you select.
You can achieve that by using the Touchscreen display. To assist the user in seeing the workspace perfectly, the brother SE1900 features an LED light. Buy this machine and get the best results.
Features at a glance
- This machine is multi-functional. You can handle sewing or embroidery task with this single product
- The brother SE1900 features an builtin memory to support storage of the designs the user uploads
- With an embroidery area of 5 * 7 inches, the user can embroider large sizes designs on large materials
- It also contains a color touchscreen display of a large size
8. Singer Legacy SE300 – Best SINGER Embroidery Machine
Never underestimate the look of any sewing or embroidery machine. This machine’s outlook may look unnecessary, but each part has its importance. The importance that none other parts can offer. The singer legacy SE300 embroidery machine rear hub has an LCD Screen This feature will help you select the stitches and designs that you need for a particular embroidery.
The front hub of this machine holds a needle plate of stainless steel material and a drop-in bobbin. For the color-sensitive people, white color can serve you better. Not too shouting and not too dull. The machine has a grey base which so to speak is very sturdy.
The singer legacy SE300 embroidery machine also comes with 250 different stitches making it very versatile. The stitches you can find in this machine includes zigzag, decorative, buttonhole, stretch, and other standard stitches.
For this machine, thread the bobbin, put it in, and perform other steps, but for the needle threader, the process is automatic. No one can deny that using a singer legacy SE300 embroidery machine is making work easier and quicker.
9. Janome Memory Craft 400E – Best Janome Embroidery Machine
Janome is a reputable brand that produces different high-performance embroidery machine models. Janome memory craft 400E is one of Janome’s powerful embroidery machine. You will have a wide range of designs to choose from, large working area, large hoop size, and a lot of other crucial features.
All features that this model contains, work together to produce amazing results. The setting of the bobbin in this machine is an easy task. Wound thread on the bobbin simply using the full rotary hook bobbin. Lock the bobbin using the pedal; the thread gets cut after the bobbin is fully using an builtin cutting blade. Do you see it? Easy peasy!
You have the option of choosing designs from the machine’s 160 built-in ones. If they don’t fascinate you or you can’t see what you want, you have another option. Transfer other custom designs to the machine using a USB cable with the support of a port. The Janome memory craft 400E embroidery machine also incorporates 6 fonts.
Features at a glance
- Setting up the bobbin in this embroidery machine is very straightforward
- An LCD sc that allows copy and pasting, rotating, reducing, flipping and enlarging the design images
- It features 160 built-in embroidery designs and 6 fonts to choose from
- The embroidery machine contains a hoop size of 7.9 * 7.9 inches which is wide enough for any user
- It features a USB port to support design importation
- You can adjust the stitch speed from 400-860 stitches for every minute
10. Brother PE500 – Perfect Machine for Home Embroidery
The Brother PE500 embroidery machine consists of every feature that an embroidery machine should have. Through other features, this machine surpasses what you expect it incorporates. With an embroidery area of 4 * 4 inches, 70 built-in embroidery designs, and 5 font types for lettering, you can perform any decorations task that comes your way.
The performance of this embroidery machine is perfect. Incorporating a lower price and a high performance, I think is the best you could ever have. This machine can make 400 stitches per minute. Wow! That’s a perfect speed to help save on time. Again as a home business owner, you will never keep your customers waiting.
They will always find their work done in a very short period. This machine is ideal for beginners and intermediate embroidery machine users. If you are a beginner in using this machine, worry not. It’s a needle threader that is automatic to ensure that this machine is easy to use. Just press one button, and you are all ready to begin. You can also set it up in the most straightforward way.
Features at a glance
- The machine has an LCD touchscreen that ensures easy viewing of designs and selecting of stitches
- Brother PE500 embroidery machine features an embroidery area of 4 * 4 inches which ensure that you do your job freely
- This embroidery machine comes with a ton of accessories for both first-time users and the upgrading ones
- It comes with 5 fonts for lettering and 70 designs
- You can download additional embroidery designs through its feature of computer connectivity
Best Embroidery Machine for Home Business Comparison Chart
|Model||Stitches||Drop-in Bobbin||Auto Needle threader||Stitches|
|Dimensions||Our pick as|
|Brother PE800||138||Yes||Yes||650||21.75 x 19.02 x 19.09 inches||Best Brother Embroidery Machine|
|Janome Horizon Memory Craft||425||Yes||Yes||1000||30 x 28 x 17 inches||Best Rated Embroidery Machine|
|Brother SE600||103||Yes||Yes||710||21.2 x 15.5 x 16.5 inches||Best Computerized Embroidery Machine|
|Brother PE535||80||Yes||Yes||400||16.5 x 7.8 x 12 inches||Best Embroidery Machine for Beginners|
|Brother PE550D||125||Yes||Yes||400||16.5 x 7.8 x 12 inches||Best Embroidery Machine for the Money|
|Brother SE600||103||Yes||Yes||710||21.18 x 15.51 x 16.54 inches||Best Embroidery Machine for Hats|
|Brother SE1900||240||Yes||Yes||850||17.6 x 9.5 x 11.8 inches||Best Intermediate Embroidery Machine|
|SINGER Legacy SE300||250||Yes||Yes||800||20.25 x 8 x 12.25 inches||Best SINGER Embroidery Machine|
|Janome Memory Craft 400E||160||Yes||Yes||860||30 x 25.5 x 30 inches||Best Janome Embroidery Machine|
|Brother PE500||67||Yes||Yes||400||10.94" x 6.89" x 15.55"||Perfect Machine for Home Embroidery|
All we hope is that you get the best embroidery machine for home business. It is not always an easy task of selecting an embroidery machine. There are hundreds of models in the market and trust us; they are confusing.
The idea of reviewing the 10 machines that we believe are the best will help reduce the confusion. One thing that you should know is that using an embroidery machine is the best option if you want to expand your home business.
Just follow our buying guide before purchasing, and maybe thank us later after seeing the performance of the embroidery machine.