Ask anyone that has experience in knitting and crocheting, and they will tell you that the crochet hook you use has a great impact on the overall look and outcome of your project.
These hooks come in many different types, sizes, designs, and costs. They also vary in the material they are made from, and you can easily get lost while trying to decide on the best crochet hook set for you.
For this reason, we will go through some of the best sets around. We will also outline some buying guidelines that you should consider when you go buy the set. By the end of this review, you will hopefully find the best fit for you and your needs.
Reviews of the Crochet Hook Set 2021 – (Editors’ Choice)
Want to get the best crochet set hook available in the market? Below are some of the best hook sets to help you choose one that suits you the most.
1. Athena’s Elements 12 Ergonomic Crochet Hooks Set
You can say goodbye to cramping or tired, achy hands with this ergonomic crochet hook set. With a comfortable, non-slip, and lightweight silicone grip handle, exceptional comfort is provided by the set when crocheting for a longer period. This is the perfect tool for people with arthritic hands or people that do not want to experience pain while crocheting.
With aluminum-made crochet needles, the units have smooth edges and longer shafts than any other brand out there. Specifically, you get 2-inch shafts for the larger sizes and 1.75-inch shafts for the smaller sizes to allow more yarn loops.
This set has 12 different-sized crochet hooks color-coded for ease in identification and 3 blunt yarn needles that allow yarns to glide effortlessly and prevent splitting. The hook throat is deep enough to catch the yarn generously, and the point is not so sharp as to split the yarn but easy enough to get into stitches.
Hook sizes are standard in mm from 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7 to 8 millimeters, and the result of all these features is neat, consistent, flat, and smooth stitches.
Features at a glance
- Set contains 12 crochet hooks with 3 yarn needles.
- Longer shaft to allow more loops when crocheting different patterns
- Deep throat hooks prevent yarns from slipping.
- Sharper point to allow easy insertion to stitches
- Ergonomic design with a wide flat thumb rest to avoid hand pressure, making crocheting a breeze.
- Each crochet is colored differently in the set.
2. WooCrafts Large-Eye Blunt Needles Yarn
For a reasonable price, you can get this 9-piece crochet hook set, which includes differently-sized ergonomic crochet hooks, yarn needles, stitch markers, and an accompanying case, with the large eye, nickel-plated steel blunt yarn needles being suitable for weaving in ends and sewing up seams on your knit and knitting projects.
Since they are differently sized, the crochet hooks measure as follows in metric sizes; 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.0mm, 3.5mm, 4.0mm, 4.5mm, 5.0mm, 5.5mm, and 6.0mm. Regardless of size, each has a non-slip soft rubber handle that makes it feel very comfortable to use even for very long periods without experiencing cramps, sore or tired fingers.
To assure you that you are getting your money’s worth, when purchasing this crochet hook set from WooCrafts, you get a lifetime replacement guarantee for the hooks and needles if they get spoilt in any way.
Features at a glance
- 9-piece crochet hook set.
- Knitting stitch markers, yarn needles, and a carrying case are included in the kit.
- Crochet hooks are differently sized for use in different applications.
- Ergonomically designed non-slip rubber handles for ease of use and comfortable handling over long periods.
- A lifetime replacement guarantee backs crochet hooks and yarn needles.
3. BCMRUN 14 pcs Multicolor Aluminum Crochet Hooks
This 14-piece set by BCMRUN has full-body aluminum construction, but each hook is colored differently, giving you the impression of a plastic or rubber build on first look. Apart from being differently colored, each piece has a different size in terms of thickness for use in different application areas.
That said, the hooks are approximately 5.9 inches long and come in the following sizes: 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.0mm, 3.5mm, 4.0mm, 4.5mm, 5.0mm, 5.5mm, 6.0mm, 6.5mm, 7.0mm, 8.0mm, 9.0mm, and 10.0mm, with each one is clearly marked. Some of these sizes are generally hard to find in the market, so if you get the chance to buy this kit, go for it.
This set does not have ergonomically designed handles on the downside, and a carrying case is not included. However, it is very affordable, so you get what you paid for.
Features at a glance
- 14 hooks with full-body aluminum construction.
- Differently sized hooks ranging from 2.0mm to 10.0mm with 0.5 size increments.
- 5.9 inches long.
- Differently colored crochet hooks for easy identification
- Hooks have their sizes etched onto the surface
4. Susan Bates Silvalume Crochet Hook Set
Susan Bates’ Silvalume is a very affordable crochet hook set that includes 6 lightweight aluminum crochet hooks with sizes 3.75mm, 4.0mm, 5.0mm, 5.5mm, 6.0mm, 6.5mm, and a vinyl case for storage. These different sizes allow you to experiment with varying crocheting techniques or use them in different application areas.
In addition to the different sizes, each hook size is color-coded so you can find the one you need at a glance, thus saving your time and making the knitting and crocheting process easier for you.
Though a handle is not built-in, the hooks’ famous in line head helps reduce wrist motion to give you a fatigue-free crocheting experience while at the same time helping you maintain a more consistent gauge.
Structurally, each aluminum hook undergoes a special anodizing process that removes all surface impurities, leaving it with an immaculate surface. In addition to this, all of them are heat-treated for strength, durability, and polished to create a velvety smooth finish that ensures no snagging of the yarn occurs.
Features at a glance
- Has 6 hooks available in a variety of sizes: 3.75mm, 4.0mm, 5.0mm, 5.5mm, 6.0mm, 6.5mm
- Strong and durable anodized and heat-treated aluminum construction
- It is differently colored for easy identification.
- Features an inline head that helps reduce wrist motion for fatigue-free crocheting.
- Polished to create a velvety smooth surface that ensures there is no yarn snagging.
5. Clover 3672 Amour Crochet Hook Set
Though the most expensive crochet hook set in this review, Clover’s 3672 also boasts of being the top-rated crochet hook set around. This is because ergonomics is particularly emphasized in the form of rubberized soft silicone handles that make it very easy to grip, which means you can use the hooks for long hours without fatigue.
In terms of numbers, this Crochet Hook set consists of 10 differently-sized hooks that measure 2.25mm, 2.75mm, 3.25mm, 3.50mm, 3.75mm, 4.00mm, 4.50mm, 5.00mm, 5.50mm, 6.00mm in diameter.
Each of these pieces has uniquely colored lime green, yellow, orange, fuchsia, pink, purple, aqua, blue, grass green, and brown handles as a form of color coding for easy identification. In addition to this, the nature of these colors is so attractive that you want to crochet more.
Other features include an optimal hook shape for smooth crocheting and a reusable clear plastic storage bag for easy packing and transportation.
Features at a glance
- 10 differently sized hooks for versatility (2.25mm, 2.75mm, 3.25mm, 3.50mm, 3.75mm, 4.00mm, 4.50mm, 5.00mm, 5.50mm, 6.00mm in diameter).
- Each hook is differently colored for easy identification.
- Rubberized soft silicone handles for easy gripping and reduced fatigue.
- Optimal hook shape for smooth crocheting
- Packed in a clear plastic bag for easy storage and transportation.
As you can see, there are a lot of crochet hook set options available in the market, and this means that selecting a specific product can be a little bit challenging if you do not know what to look for.
Even if you know your way around the world of crocheting, you might want to get some new tools as an upgrade, and some advice is necessary.
With this in mind, our crochet hook set review contains all the relevant information to help you make a good purchase, and after going through it, you should be better informed to easily pick the best crochet hook set that meets your needs.